First off, there was a homecoming parade. A PARADE?!?! sheesh, Marian didn't have a parade for homecoming. Here is Jeff and Ellie getting ready to watch the floats go by. Isn't he going to be one the most handsome/best dad ever?!
Towards the end of the parade we were getting tired. He is a cute cute picture of Ellie with Grandma and Grandpa.
side note: I can't believe how Ellie has changed from our little baby to a kid! I watched my 4 nieces and nephews growing but haven't witness such a change in between visits. She is talking, walking without falling and potty trained. WOW! I kept asking Jeff if he was amazed too, but it didn't seem to phase him. haha
On our way home from the parade, Christy dropped us off at Trops. This might be one of the greatest concepts in a college town. They have about 15 frozen slushi machines with alcoholic beverages in them. The line was 30min. We waited...waited...waited... but turns out, it was worth the wait!

Finally, off to the game! Our tickets said section: "The Hill." I was thinking maybe like a small hill at the Indians game. We get there and there is this HUGE hill with a tremendously steep incline where people are sitting. I was cracking up because our tarp we were sitting on keep creeping down the hill. I think it just added to the fun that was about to happen!

I guess on the news or whatever they told all the fans to wear yellow so the whole stadium would just be a sea of yellow. Christy brought her Pink Mizzou shirt. She stuck out, but it was nice because if we left to the bathroom, we knew exactly where the group was. I took a picture to show her how much she stood out. haha
We were all thinking we would leave at half time because the game wouldn't be too exciting. Boy were we wrong! The game ended up being one of the best games we would see. We were all having a great time, but towards the end Jack was getting a tad tired. He took a small snooze on our bags. =)
He actually was only there for about 7 min. He stood back up and kept cheering. He was a lot of fun to take to the game. He really got into it and was a trooper through the rain, walking and long game.
Finally, off to the game! Our tickets said section: "The Hill." I was thinking maybe like a small hill at the Indians game. We get there and there is this HUGE hill with a tremendously steep incline where people are sitting. I was cracking up because our tarp we were sitting on keep creeping down the hill. I think it just added to the fun that was about to happen!
I guess on the news or whatever they told all the fans to wear yellow so the whole stadium would just be a sea of yellow. Christy brought her Pink Mizzou shirt. She stuck out, but it was nice because if we left to the bathroom, we knew exactly where the group was. I took a picture to show her how much she stood out. haha
Turns out, Mizzou won! An announcer said about 2 min to go that it was breaking the law to rush the field etc. Yeah, that didn't last. They were running on the field before the last play was even over! I guess another tradition is to break the goal posts after a really significant game. So here we have the students carrying around part of the goal posts. I am telling you, these large schools are crazy! haha
2 comments:
Looks like so much fun! Greg may become depressed that he wasn't there.
I'm soooo jealous that you guys got to attend that game and I didn't! I even went to the Big 12 championship in the 08/09 season when it was -6 degrees out - MU lost to OU. So you can imagine how bad I wanted to be at that game! I'm glad you had fun, it is a Mizzou tradition to carry the goal post to Harpo's so it can be cut into pieces!
-Joe
Post a Comment