background

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

I am special!

The other day I was talking to someone about being left handed. If you haven't gathered already folks, I Janelle, am left handed! hahaha I was telling him that I could probably have my right arm cut off and not miss it because I can't do anything with my right. I know that is a bit extreme but sometimes I really feel that way. We got to talking about people doing things with their other hand. This individual was saying that he wears his watch on the right hand like a lefty. I have tried to wear my watch on the left hand and it just hurts when I write.
When it comes to me, the only thing I can do right handed is Crochet. This is only because my grandma got so nervous and frustrated trying to teach me, she FORCED me to learn right handed. It is probably the best memory I have of my grandma growing up. haha Her and her "Oh for heaven's sake Janelle, just learn right handed" Anyway, after this conversation he looked up for me and found that only 10% of the population is in fact left handed. 10%, talk about beating some odds. hahaha
This morning Jay and I were talking about this topic and how lefty's learn. I feel that as a lefty, I have an advantage because my whole life I have had to switch in my mind what everyone was teaching me. Maybe this is why I am a creative gal =)

Something else I have noticed is that I am always aware of what hand people use. I think it is because as a child I was different and I was always striving to find someone who was similar to me. When I find a friend who is left handed I get really excited! hahahah

Well I guess those are all my thoughts on the subject for awhile...

Special gal signing out!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

did you take a picture of your hand ? weird.