background

Friday, June 27, 2008

The Game

So recently I have been trying to get back into the dating scene. Well I have never really left, but now I guess you could say that I want to CLAW my way into the scene. HAHAHA My roommate has recently started dating this guy... (see last post for something hilarious about the relationship:)) and we have been talking with our other roommate (a guy) to get his point of view on the whole thing as well. Boys have a very different outlook on relationships... according to Ryan it is.. A. I like her or B. she is crazy. (I usually fall into the B category)
"The game" is a very old tradition beginning with the Pilgrims I believe. The inevitable game that everyone must play when they are trying to start a new relationship. You are always on the edge of you seat. What do I do next? Was that last conversation too long? Did I say something stupid? Every time you think about even calling him you want to literally crap your pants. Now don't act like this hasn't happened to you in the past! hahaha Why is it so crucial to play "the game?" Every time girls get off the phone with a boy that they like, they immediately call another girlfriend and pick apart the ENTIRE conversation. You go step by step through the conversation and try to figure out if what you said was alright, if he will EVER call you again or if he has the police department on speed dial just in case he needs a quick restraining order because you are smothering him.
I want to start this new thing where I call when I feel like calling, I say what I want to say and I don't want to care what he thinks. If the guy doesn't like me for me... WHO CARES... it wasn't worth it then. After I decide to do this, about 5 min later you start thinking about it again and it is back to "the game." I am starting to think it is inevitable.
My sister-in-law gave me this book a couple of years ago as a joke "THE RULES Time Tested Secrets for Capturing the Heart of Mr. Right." This book is quite the treasure if I do say so myself. When I start to read it though, my chest tightens and I start to panic. Do people really do this? Just thinking about it wears me out to my very soul. hahaha There are so many things to consider. Can't we just all come to conclusion that everyone is nuts.. you just have to pick through the really crazy nuts to find one that you would like. =)
If anyone has a relationship that has already been started and wants me to take over so I don't have to worry about "the game" please let me know... I will pay!!!!!!

No comments: