background

Monday, September 5, 2011

Wedding Week: Episode 1

I realized I missed Wedding Wednesday last week, but I have decided to try and blog everyday this week!  You heard it... Wedding Wednesday ALL WEEK! You're welcome. haha

For the first entry I think I will go with a very important lesson that was learned last night.  There are a lot of 'lessons' we are going to learn I am sure with marriage, but one of them happened last night.

Last week I finished everything wedding related so Jeff and I can just chill and have a fun week together this week.  Last night was game night... 

I think the slogan for the game Monopoly should be as follows: "Monopoly, making families fight and cry since 1935."  I must make a confession too.  I have never played the real game before.  I had Jr. Monopoly growing up but in our house, (and I am sure most houses) Monopoly is a very very sore subject.  Since I have never played with my parents, this is what I hear happens.  Dad runs out of money, mom feels bad for him and loans him some money.  The tables turn and dad refuses to loan mom money.  I guess mom ends up getting mad because dad's heart isn't the size of hers.  etc. etc. 

Going in last night, I knew of this story.  I made SURE not to 'loan' Jeff any money.  I had houses, money, more money, all the railroads and the houses with the highest rent.  I was living the high life.  There was a moment that Jeff said "well, you look like you are winning, want to call it a night?"  Determined to finish a game, I declined... BIG MISTAKE.  Two wrong dice trows.  I am paying Jeff $1,000 then 3,000, then I land on a hotel with only $50 left and no money to pay him.  The second I land there, I stand up and firmly say "I'm tired!" and storm off to bed.

Fast forward to this morning.  The game is still on the table and I agree to finish.  I mortgage some houses to pay my debt.  Owe him $3,000 again.  He goes three rounds and doesn't hit ANY of my blue properties.  I land on another hotel with only $6. To that I begin to flick all the houses off the board.  Jeff says "So are we finished?" HAHAHA

Being the youngest, him and I, we have to learn how to play games.  After the wounds heal, it is always funny to look back at how tense our games night are.  It is NEVER a relaxing event.  We are both very poor losers so it is a guarantee that someone will be grumpy. We got through and I am sure we will play Monopoly again.  Just not anytime too soon.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

I hate Monopoly because I NEVER win...same with Clue.

And...I will be checking for new posts every single day :)

Nancy Mueller said...

Jeff could never stand to lose. He usually marched off mad or claimed someone was cheating. I guess he hasn't changed. Mom Mueller PS I love you, Jeff

Anonymous said...

Mom/Ruthie says: " Don't for any reason, ever, ever, ever play monopoly! It is bad for your attitude and Health!