background

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Wedding Wednesday

We are in the home stretch of the whole wedding planning!  I think we are at 73 days.  I haven't checked recently but I might be right on the money there!  People keep asking me "What else do you still have to do for your wedding?"  Recently, my answer has been "Nothing, I am really done with everything."  We met with our planner last week and I completely ATE those words!  We still have sooo much to do, but it is all little things that seem like nothing, but when she keeps listing everything it adds up to a TON! haha  I am soooo lucky to have her.  Which leads me to the meat of my post.

I know most of you are already married but if you know anyone (and I know everyone always knows SOMEONE) who is getting married highly highly suggest they hire a wedding coordinator.  If you know me very well, you know that I have been mentally planning my wedding since probably 2002.  I have helped out with many weddings and have looked at a lot of things.  I highly debated if I really  needed anyone.  I thought I could do it myself.  Yeah... totally wrong. 

I have spent hours with Marie, making sure we have everything done and SHE talks with the vendors.  A lot of times vendors will work with you time wise etc. if they know you have a wedding planner.  Believe me, I am a witness to this.  I met with the hotel where we are having the reception, before I hired Marie, and they were going to let us in at about 10:00 the morning of the wedding.  My wedding is at 2:30!  I almost had a heart attack.  After Marie talked with them... BOOM the night before we get in to decorate.

Honestly, besides the photographer (because what would you have if you didn't see pictures from the day) hiring a wedding planner was the BEST purchase I have made as far as my wedding goes.  I can't thank her enough for the stress she has taken off me.

1 comment:

Mariah said...

Last night I dreamed that you and Jeff called off the wedding suddenly and broke up. It was one of those really realistic dreams where you wake up and you aren't sure if it really happened or not. So - don't call off the wedding because, in my dream, Jeff was really depressed! And everyone was shocked and confused because no one knew what happened! I think the dream was just a way for my conscience to make me feel better about being a bad bridesmaid who hasn't bought her dress or shoes yet. In my dream, I seriously thought, "Oh. Well, I guess it's a good thing I didn't buy my dress yet." :) Promise I'll do that soon!