background

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Would you like a loan with that?

So two blogs in one day... check my temperature, I think I am running a fever :)

The other day I was headed to the bank to deposit money from my jewelry business I have started. I go to this bank quite a bit so it isn't like I am just a random Joe off the street. I walk in and fill out my deposit slip. When I get to the desk the lady greets me and processes all my checks. She hands me my receipt and as I am turning to walk away she says... "Did you want to get a loan today?" My response to this question was "no thanks, I have enough of those." I would have to say this is the funniest question ever. It isn't like I went to the bank on a mission to receive a huge loan today for something, went to the bank and completely forgot to ask for one. She asks me if I also want a loan and almost climb over the counter to hug her for reminding me. Is that something a person forgets? "Thank goodness you reminded me of that, I would have been in big trouble if I didn't get that loan today."
I understand when you are at McDonald's you order, and they ask "would you like an apple pie with that?" This makes sense. A decision of an Apple Pie is small. This might have been something you just hadn't thought about but realize... yeah that would be good in my tummy. This is not a life decision, one that will put you in years of turmoil of excessive payments and high interest rates.
I would like to challenge everyone to have that would you like .... with that at their jobs. Maybe this is something our society should turn to. I could be out of line making fun of her because by asking that question she could get 1 or 2 loans a day. I have taken the liberty of making some "tag lines" for some of my blog readers...

I will start with myself:
"Would you like a scholarship with that acceptance?"

Craig:
"Would you like steel toe shoes with that ladder?"

Jodi:
"Would you like a shovel with that soil sample?"

Mom:
"Would you like a vacuum with that dust rag?"

Dad:
"Would you like a life jacket with with that barge?"

Marlene:
"Would you like a raise with your check?" (this one might lose you money though :\)

You have a mission.. ONWARD!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Would you like a slap in the face with that deny letter?