background

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Nursery Ideas

Warning.. This blog is about to become an "all about our child" blog.  If at some point it annoys you or you wish I would talk about something else... Sorry... This is our life now!  

Jeff and I have been super busy trying to get things ready for BB (baby boy) to arrive sometime in early January.  Our current success is the baby's room.  Also, you may at some point see me refer to our child as "Bentley."  This is in no way his name.  It is just a joke.  I can explain it if you are really interested. haha  We are not revealing his name until he is born.  For several reasons.  1.  We aren't totally for sure what his name will actually be. 2.  If he comes out looking like something else, we want the option of changing it. and finally, we want to keep some mystery alive!  We already know it is a boy so we want a surprise when we announce his arrival.

The first thing we started in BB's room was his closet.  Before it only had one sad little shelf going across.  Jeff looked at website after website to try and find a style he liked.  Once he decided how to build it, he got the wood and went to work.  This has been a month + long project.  Jeff has spent so many hours in the garage it is unbelievable.  I must say though, I am quite impressed at the skill my husband has at closet making.  See picture below.
 The final touch.... He is currently working on shelves for the middle of the closet.  He made them adjustable so I am not chained to a certain size.  It has 4 different places to hang clothes.  There is also a really tall shelf at the top to store things that we hardly ever use.  you may notice the amount of clothes our son already has. It is safe to say he is and will be spoiled!  He also has several drawers of onsies etc.  Bentley will be one stylin child!

We painted the walls all one color.  It is called "Crushed Ice."  It was more greyish than white, but it worked out well.  On one wall we striped it with a darker grey.
 This wall took us HOURS!  So much work, but I am very pleased how it turned out.  His room doesn't have a theme.  Basically we are doing the grey and accenting it in red.  Eventually we are going to have his name framed in red hanging on this wall.  Also the red truck will soon be replaced with a changing pad.  We just don't own one of those yet =)

Here is another photo of the room.  The cube on the right has all his books.  We already have so many.  That makes me beyond happy!  Aunt Christy hooked us up with some more when we went and visited last weekend.  I can't wait to read them to him.

We also have a crib.  No mattress, so poor Jeff's fake cabbage patch kid (I say fake in a loving way.  I have fun teasing him that it isn't an original.) has to sit his bottom on the hard springs.  He seems to be surviving though.
Grandma Ruthie found that cute stroller at a garage sale for $5!  Such a score.  This will become Sherman's best friend, because that will mean more walks!  We also hope that BB doesn't see this photo and think it is OK for him to lean over the railing like Ducky.  Maybe, for the Duck's safety, we should lower the springs?!?

No comments: